Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Cigar In The Morning: The Breakfast of Champions

I have started a lot of my post with this opening; the weather was unseasonably warm for a Kentucky winter. Well Monday definitely fell into this category. I awoke to the temperature already in the fifties and climbing. The only thing I could think of was it was going to be a great day to smoke a cigar, or two.

I got pulled together rather quickly and began to map out my smoking strategy for the day. I went to the humidor and decided that my preferred theme for the day would be robusto. I grabbed a Cohiba and Padron Maduro for my cigar breakfast and possible lunch. I walked out to the garage and decided rather quickly that today was a topless day. No before you get the wrong idea I am referring to my Jeep Wrangler. I could not let this opportunity pass me by, the sun, the drive, and the smokes. It was shaping up to be the perfect storm.

I dropped the top down on the Jeep and lit my Cohiba, ready to roll. I took a quick look at the time, and I was off. At first the ride was a bit chilly but I soon got used to it. I’m lucky to live by Lake Cumberland so there is always scenic driving opportunites. This is definitely a great way to spend a morning gathering your thoughts. The Cohiba was a nice choice for breakfast; the cigar had a perfect balance of taste. I drove for what seemed like hours enjoying the warm March sun and my stogie. I did get a few glances from the other motorists, I just not sure if the looks were disbelief or jealousy. I soon noticed it was time to pick up the boy, and unfortunately the dark clouds were rolling in, so I had to call it a day. I can’t wait for warm weather. I did manage to have that Padron for lunch. The cigar was great but the view from the garage just didn’t compare.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO