Sunday, May 17, 2009

TNA Wrestling: Fight Night Friday in Florence



I have been fortunate to have a few of those moments as a dad that I am sure my father got to experience with me. I have watched my son learn to ride a bike, catch a baseball just like my dad did with me, but Friday night was a very special one. When I was around my son's age, my dad worked third shift, so I did not get to spend a lot of time with him. My dad also was never a big fan of crowds so when he told me that we were going to watch the WWF live, you can imagine my surprise. I couldn't believe it I was going to see all my favorite wrestlers in person and my dad was taking me, just me and him. It was like Christmas had come early that year. The big day came and we went, my eyes were wide as I watched Hulk Hogan, Brutis Beefcake, Rick Martel and Hillbilly Jim put a show of a lifetime. I took my son and wife to see TNA wrestling in Florence Friday night. I watched as my son's eyes lit up when he saw the ring and listen to him cheer as his heroes won the fight. I couldn't help but smile and think about how my dad had to feel as I sat there doing the same thing. What a great time. So with great pride I can say that our redneck wrestling fan tradition remains strong, and hopefully the boy can take his son or daughter to the big show someday and enjoy that moment for himself.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO