Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday & Blue vs Orange Saturday

Black Friday

Well when we left off I was going out to fire up that Montecristo, well to be quite honest, I stepped out on the back porch to be greeted by a very cold night. So I wimped out. But all was not lost. I just didn't want to rush my first tasting of Montecristo cigars. So I guess that doesn't make me such a wimp. Friday, Black Friday, came all too soon for my taste with the alarm going off at six A.M. My better half was off to Russell Springs for a big sale at a children's store, so the boy and I decided we should get up and going also. A day of rest, no shopping, just cartoons and chocolate milk. He lasted to lunch and was out for an afternoon nap. Wife is out shopping and the boy asleep, time for that cigar. I hit the humidor, decisions decisions too much like work. I finally settle on the Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva. I head to the garage, not the elegant cigar bar, however beats the back porch. At least in the garage I am shelter from the wind. I have to say this was a very full bodied smoke. Very well balanced and quite enjoyable. The earthy flavors were new to me, up to this point I have been hanging with Macanudos, so it was cool to mix it up. The garage has smelled great ever since. I have to say that it will be back in the humidor very soon.

Blue vs Orange Saturday

As long as I can remember Kentucky Sports has always been about basketball. I, like most of Kentucky, have fell in love with Wildcat Football, and today U.T. is in town. I have to say that I was hoping that the Cats could put an end to the Vols winning streak, but after the best college football game I have ever watched or heard about, the streak is intact. We lost a heart breaker. However we are Bowl bound and will make that New Year's Day smoke pretty cool. I need to start thinking about the menu.

The last two days have left me with a couple of questions for you guys.

Where do you go to enjoy that perfect smoke?
What is the ideal Bowl Game Day Smoke?

I would love to hear your thoughts

2 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

that game was a heartbreaker

Anonymous said...

Dude!!!! That was absolutely the most awesome game EVER! As amazing as it was to watch on tv... it was even more amazing to be there. The winning streak remains and just wait til next year when we are back on home turf! Go Vols! Rocky Top will always be...

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO