Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Duke of Devon




The boy and I decided that today would be the perfect day to finish up our Christmas Lights. The weather outside is pretty warm, which makes it perfect for a good smoke. Laura rounded up our supplies and I headed for the humidor. Too many choices for a Saturday. I thought for a moment and finally settled on one of the Macanudo Maduro Duke of Devons. This so far has become my favorite go to cigar. The 5 1/2 by 42 ring gauge corona, has a very mild and mellow taste, a staple for Macanudo. This particular cigar I have had in the humidor for almost two months, an experiment if you will. I bought it at the Tinder Box while on vacation at Myrtle Beach, and decided to age it awhile. Like a cat curiosity got the better of me. So I decided to fire it up.


The dark Connecticut Valley broad leaf wrapper is what makes this cigar distinct. It produces a very mellow flavor. Macanudos are know for their consistent flavor, and this one was no exception. The extra ripening time produces the dark oily wrapper. Upon initial inspection the cigar felt perfect. It cut great and lit properly. This assured me my humidor was doing what it was supposed to. I also picked up a hint of the cedar as well as.




The long white ash is common with the maduro wrapper. The aroma is great. It really doesn't overpower the cigar. The draw of the this cigar was perfect. A good cut does make a difference in the way your cigar burns. Too small of a cut and the cigar will not draw properly, while too large it will burn to hot and become bitter. You also run the risk of the wrapper unraveling. It does take some practice and luckily I cut this one right.







The taste of this cigar stayed consistent from start to finish. The medium body makes this cigar very enjoyable. The Macanudo Mudro's aroma reminds me of a smoke shop I visit in Lexington. It is a great way to spend an afternoon hanging Christmas lights with the family. As the next few pictures show one of the cool aspects of this cigar is the ash. The ash fell three times over the smoke. It took about an hour and a half from start to finish. This makes it ideal for those end of the day or hanging out with friends smokes. The time is really well spent with this one.
Well as you can see the cigar did finally come to an end and we did manage to get the lights up. All that is left to now is to head in for our camp on the couch night.

I highly recommend The Macanudo Maduro, and would love to know what you think about it. Try it out or let me know your favorite maduro, I am always looking to add to my favorites list!











Good To The Last Puff!






2 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

I would like to note that the cigar had a lovely and the lights looked wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely aroma

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO