Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Trip To Leaf & Ale

The tobacco shop is a place to buy cigars. This is a pretty simple definition; however there are a few shops that are not that easy to define. Like the cigars they sell, they are complex and unique and the great ones keep you coming back for more. I am in the unfortunate situation in that I do not have the luxury of a local tobacco shop. I have to travel to some distance to get to a shop. The upside of my dilemma is that I have found some great places to buy my smokes. The most recent place I have discovered is Leaf and Ale in Knoxville. This place was awesome. I was greeted with a warm hello and a killer aroma of cigar smoke as soon as I walked in the door. A quick look around told me I was in the right place. The shop had plenty of things to look at, humidors, accessories and most of all people. There were quite a few folks in the lounge area smoking cigars, which is good to see anymore. The atmosphere alone was well worth the drive. The walk in humidor was very well stocked. I was very well pleased with the selection as well as the prices. Anything you could want, I think I spent an hour just in the humidor. I could not help but notice the amount of people coming in and picking up cigars. I also picked up on the fact that the staff called almost everybody by name, how cool is that. After a few trips around the humidor and the realization that I could not buy them all I made my selections and headed back out into the store. I took a minute to look around at the lagers and ales that they carried, again quite a large selection. They also had coffee, pipes and pipe accessories. Reluctant to leave I settled up and headed out. Leaf and Ale is definitely one really great shop. I will stop by anytime I am in Knoxville and I highly recommend that you do the same. If you would like to see what they carry and get more information check out their website www.leafandale.com. They are definitely worth the drive or the click. To see what I ended up with on my trip be sure to look at the new arrival section. The Regalo is Leaf and Ale’s house blend cigar, and I can’t wait to try it.
Got a good Cigar Shop story? We would love to hear it!

3 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I have been there.Cool Place.

Leaf And Ale said...

John B....
Sooooo many thanks for the kind words. That is what we strive for. Sadly we sometimes fall short, though, and I have had to take care of my share of not-so-happy-customers. But that comes with the territory. We are always looking for ways to impvove, both in service, selection and ease of shopping. I hope you enjoy the Regalo, it is my current go-to-smoke. I absolutely love them. I can't say that about many cigars.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try the Regalo on my next trip.Sounds good.

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO