Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Padron 2000 Maduro & "Vacation Coffee"

I mentioned in the last post that I was enjoying my last vacation day with my son and a Padron 2000 Maduro. I have to say that I just love to look at this cigar, let alone smoke it. The box pressed shape and the feel of this Nicaraguan cutie impress an immediate sense of enjoyment. The meticulous attention to detail of wrapper selection and construction was evident in this Padron. I was eager to get started so I made my cut and checked the taste, a coffee overtone with a hint of spiciness.

The first few draws from my Padron were nice and steady. The earthy aroma of the smoke and the taste's of the cigar set me to thinking. My thoughts soon settled on a favorite memory of what I like to call my vacation coffee. We have breakfast at the same place just about every morning while we are on vacation at Myrtle Beach. The coffee at the Spring House is unlike any that I have been able to find. Trust me I have looked and experimented, yet nothing I have tried has came close. Nothing can match that "vacation" cup of joe. This cigar is like my vacation coffee, even though I have smoked a lot of maduros this one is unlike any that I have came across. The Padron 2000 offered me that unique taste of coffee and spice through out the cigar. I found myself totally relaxed enjoying each and every puff, and just like my vacation coffee, I found myself ready for another cigar almost immediately as my first finished up. The overall taste of this cigar was not overpowering but offered a nice consistent taste experience anyone could enjoy. The process of hand selecting and aging the tobacco used in this cigar truly makes it special.

While my vacation coffee comparison is a unique association only to me, it furthers my belief that a great cigar should evoke feelings and memories. I can't help but think you could find a memory similar to mine brought to life by a Padron 2000.

I have been told that the one ingredient that makes everything better is vacation. If I ever move to the beach and become a regular I will test that theory on the coffee and post my findings. Until then I will just substitute a Padron for my "vacation coffee"

Seja o primeiro a comentar

John B's Cigar Blog ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO